Monday 10 September 2012

Paralympic closing ceremony- the actual performance!

So one hilarious set of furry trousers and here it is!:


The girls had an article with the BBC here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19535270

The performance was so mental. I think I kicked the berimbau as I entered with a flying kick which didn't get broadcast, but i'd like to see footage from other angles if anyone spots some on youtube etc.
The girls looked beautiful and I was so happy for them to have been such high profile, they really need help for their school back in Sao Paulo. The crazy thing of course is that as their teacher Fernada said, as they can't see the audience it helps somewhat to calm their nerves when they are performing, however, you do not need to see to feel the energy of 100,000 people cheering, sound systems fireworks and 1000's of lights on your skin.
The most beautiful moment for me was the unexpected explosion of ticker-tape. All around us cannons of paper exploded into the air, no-one had warned us , or at least me! I turned to see Giselle and Geyza and their guide elated as all the ticker tape fluttered down and over them. Its another thing when they could actually feel millions of feather-like paper snow raining down on their faces. Unbelievable joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment